- Homewood City Schools Child Nutrition Program: Serving nutritious meals at no cost to children ages 18. Pick up will be at Homewood Middle School and available daily (Monday-Friday) between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Ready to eat lunches and breakfast meals for the next morning will be distributed through the carpool line. Children must be present. Homewood Middle School is located at 395 Mecca Ave. Please pull through the front of the school. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Charter Communications: The telecommunications company is providing free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi internet for the next 60 days to households with K-12 students or college students who don’t already have a subscription.
- The United Way of Central Alabama has set up a COVID-19 Community Response Page
- Homewood Bagel: Offering free cereal breakfasts or PBJ lunches for children. Curbside service available.
Public Health & Information Resources
- Jefferson County Department of Health: Stay up to date on the latest county-wide information on COVID-19. Visit: https://jcdh.org/
- Alabama Public Health: Stay up to date on the latest state-wide information on COVID-19. Visit: http://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/index.html
- City of Birmingham: Sign up to receive text updates about COVID-19. Text BHMCOVID to 888-777 to subscribe. Standard messaging rates apply.
- AL.com: Live updates are available about COVID-19 on their website. Visit: https://www.al.com/news/f80301-coronavirus-covid19-in-alabama-what-you-need-to-know-now.html
- Alabama Department of Labor: Unemployment Information. Visit: https://www.labor.alabama.gov/
- Alabama SBDC: Business Community Support. Visit: http://asbdc.org/
- Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance & Disaster Loan Resources. Visit https://www.sba.gov/ for more information, Review this slideshow on how to apply and view the SBA Loan Bullet Points.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: View the Fact Sheet for Employees, view the Fact Sheet for Employers and check out the FFCRA Q&A.
- Click here for CARES Act FAQs and a legislative overview.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Resources & Guidelines for Business. Visit https://www.uschamber.com/coronavirus and Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act: What Small Businesses Need to Know
- The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham: Offering Regional Support through the Birmingham Strong Fund and Emergency Response Fund. Visit: https://www.cfbham.org/covid-19-response-funds/
- Alabama Department of Revenue: Click here for updates and extensions regarding tax filings. Governor Kay Ivey has extended state tax filings; read the proclamation here.
- Click here for Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of our COVID 19 Resources Conference Call
If the Homewood Chamber of Commerce can be of any assistance to you during this turbulent time, or if you would like to add a community resource, please contact our executive director, Meredith Drennen at 205.871.5631 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org